Saturday, March 26, 2016

Going Forward...

I had not planned this but life is full of twists and turns, even a Second Life. With great sadness I have parted ways with Fab Free effective yesterday in order to pursue other interests. One of those interests is this blog, my baby. My often neglected home away from first life, This Scavenging Life will now become my first priority. Also a priority to me though on a personal front is how I can make money either in Second Life or outside of it despite being a world class goof-off however so I would expect to be adding some kind of additional blog to my resume as well shortly. Whatever my lives have in store for me, it is time for me to start moving forward again and I would hope many who read this enjoy This Scavenging Life in the coming months as I rediscover my pride and joy. Below is an excerpt from my final Fab Free post:


"Hello everyone, welcome to my last post as a staff member of Fab Free. I would regale you with the story of how, when I was a new resident over seven years ago, I relied on Fab Free to find great items to pick up, how I would eventually come to idolize Love to an embarrassing extent, how I revered Carson when he was a male blogger here, and how much I wanted to emulate them both. This blog has been more than a hobby; it was hugely important to me in both my first and second lives. Sadly, though, times do change. While my feelings towards Fab Free have not, I do need to step away from my dream job here in order to focus on other matters at hand. It has been beyond fun serving all of you. In the end, that is what we do here at Fab Free, and that what all of us at here have in common. It doesn’t matter where we are, where we have been, or when we were here at this wonderful institution. What we do, we do out of love for all of you. I have re-launched my own blog and will continue posting there when time permits. I leave you with one final thought: Second Life is an amazing adventure if you open yourself to it and allow yourself to be carried away. The trick is finding what you love and focusing on that. My time here has been my greatest adventure so far, and I want to thank all of you for that. Take care and I will see you on the grid.—–WHC Riler"

No comments:

Post a Comment