Wednesday, October 15, 2014

It's Worth The Wait .(UPDATE! SEVEN DEADLY SKINS GROUP NOW FREE OCT 31ST ONLY)

I am so excited! It's shaping up to be a fantastic month to be a resident of Second Life. There are free haunted houses and other scary builds, Halloween themed dances and it is an extremely active month for freebie/bargain hunters. Yesterday, I received word that the FREE GROUP GIFTS from HOORENBEEK have changed, so I rushed over to check them out. They have an unusual policy regarding their gifts, but Hoorenbeek is an excellent store and the gifts are fantastic. In order to be eligible for them you must first join their subscribo and wait two weeks before you can pick up them up. It sounds like it's a hassle but since it's a subscribo it won't tie up one of your group slots, and the gifts from them are of high enough quality that it is worth the extra effort. The gifts do not change every month but since they require a waiting period to pick them up, it's understandable that they are kept out longer to give people more time to pick them up. This month's gift is the MESH Montgomery Jacket in gray. It is a perfect jacket for the weather as it turns colder, one that looks as if it will keep you warm during the coldest of days. The details are superb from the realistic lining of the hood to the buttons that could hold the jacket closed. The Montgomery Jacket looks rugged but still maintains a nice civilized look. I should warn you to please read the card included in the gift, it contains a short description of all the included parts and options. That is needed because the options included go beyond merely wearing the jacket open or closed. In the picture I am wearing it open along with the shirt insert and to give it a more complete look I grabbed the Gray Classic Tie from Nerd Monkey. The tie was a hunt gift from a previous hunt blogged in my entry "Basic Black? Not A Chance, This Is Exceptional Black!" and has been extremely useful to me. I also wanted to point out the skin I am wearing. It is the Halloween Hunt gift - Vincent at SEVEN DEADLY SKINS, but it's a group only hunt. The group is 200 lindens to join which sadly makes it outside the scope of this blog, but the owner of Seven Deadly Skins does offer reduced prices to join every so often and I will try to keep track of when that happens to give everyone a heads up. If you already belong to the group, do the hunt, the skin is very nice. If you don't already belong and don't have the money to join, no worries. I will keep my eyes open for future chances for you to join. Izara is very generous with her group gifts and Seven Deadly Skins is a good group to belong to. The Vincent gift comes with and without the hair base and is one of my favorite skins, so I imagine you will see me wearing it often. The hunt is on until Halloween, have fun and see you on the grid. Oh and my apologies to the fine people at Hoorenbeek for mucking up their LM on the original post.
-----WHC Riler