Wednesday, April 29, 2015

As The April Showers Give Way To Flower Power! (Repost)

(Originally posted to Fab Free this morning)


whc hippie 1_001

I was a huge fan of Woodstock (I’m pretty sure he was on my first lunch box when I started kindergarten). My memories come flooding back when I think of those times. Of course, I was too young to enjoy the summer of love back then. Sure, I may have gone running off in a field, letting my diaper fall to the warm earth, and enjoying the feeling of a summer breeze embracing me, but I am also pretty sure I would have gotten spanked for it, too. Spanked very hard, the sixties didn't reach my family home until around 1976. The good news is that for those of us who missed out on the groovy clothes and free love back then, Madcat Creations has designed an excellent prize for The Vintage Hunt. The Male Hippie Outfit is so brilliantly colored it actually looks like it is tie-dyed, as opposed to some similar items with multicolored fractal images on them. This outfit brought me instant faux flashbacks of dancing in the mud, grooving to the sounds of the Grateful Dead. Keep in mind one of the most popular club events in SL are Sixties-themed nights. This prize will come in very handy. The Vintage Hunt is not a free hunt, but the prizes are only 1L and if you look around Madcat Creations you might find the matching women's version as well (they are boxed separately). My bracelet is a free group gift from one of the best Jewelry stores on SL: Earthstones. The Peace Friendship Bracelet goes great with this outfit, but be mindful that the group costs 250L to join. My campsite is a great hunt prize from Finishing Touches. Available for FREE on The Camping Trip Hunt , it comes with the table, chairs and a nice campfire with a pot of coffee warming. Truly a lovely hunt gift.



whc white wanted jacket

From a full-fledged freak out of colors, we step away from the pallet to admire something entirely different. This white leather jacket with the integrated grey T-shirt from Wanted knocked me out when I saw it. Luckily for all of us, it has just been put on their Midnight Mania board! I was originally planning to pair it with a nice pair of black jeans, or maybe with a frosted texture, which I am sure would look fantastic. However, Apple May Designs had something even better to go with it for 1L in their Recolors Of Spring Hunt. These white pants look great with the jacket, and since they are unbuttoned at the very top, adding a belt to fill the space between the jacket and the pants as shown is a great idea. The Recolors Of Spring Hunt is scheduled to end today so hurry to pick up these pants. Seriously, RUN! As I was preparing this post, I realized this same men's jacket in XS might please a female avatar who has an androgynous appearance, or is going for a tomboy look. Since it's an MM board, we guys could sure use your help locking it anyway.



So, as April showers give way to the full bloom of flower power, and your travels on the grid take you to new, exotic locations, please take a moment to reflect on what a lovely, wonderful world we live in. Peace and love.-----WHC Riler




WHC is wearing...


Hoodie & Jeans - Madcat Creations Male Hippy Outfit (Vintage Hunt Prize/1L)
Bracelet - Earthstones Peace Friendship Bracelet (Group Gift/250L Group)
Camping Set - Finishing Touches Morning Coffee Camping Set (The Camping Trip Hunt Prize/FREE)

Necklace - [ Y ] Style Tribal Turquoise Necklace Black Currently Unavailable Although 2 and 3 Strand Versions Are Available On Marketplace
Facial Hair - FE Style Facial Hair - 6ED
Hair - Birth Peace Hair (Raven)

---------------------

White Leather Jacket - Wanted Mariano Jacket (Midnight Mania Prize/Free Group)
Pants - Apple May Designs Shades Of Khaki- White (Recolors Of Spring Hunt Prize/1L) Hurry, the hunt ends today!

Necklace - Etham Copper Cross (long) Currently Unavailable
Tattoo - Aitui Love Is Blind
Belt - Wanted
Skin - Belleza Mathieu
Hair - Dura *Dura-Boy*59(Black)