Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Good News Everyone!

WHC Riler Profile Fab Free



This Scavenging Life has turned one year old! They said it wouldn't last, or they would have if I had asked them. Instead I just built it anyway. Evolving very little from the original post which was the orion mesh leather jacket from Lavarock. It's funny that jacket was one of the reasons I became a blogger. I ran out of friends to tell about it and just had to tell others to pick it up. One year later and I still wear it sometimes, that was an amazing freebie and partially because of it, This Scavenging Life exists. The other reason I began to write this blog was because there were few resources for male freebies and low cost items. Spending money in-world is a problem for me, so when I found Fab Free and a few other internet blogs suddenly Second Life opened up a great deal more for me. Fab Free back in those days had a man posting items named Carson and I was a huge fan of his. When he posted it was like Christmas time for me and I would go running to pick up whatever he had chosen to highlight. Fab Free and Carson were huge influences on me and are the other main reason This Scavenging Life exists. So I am taking this time to wish a Happy Birthday to This Scavenging Life!


Now everything is changing!


In one day my first post as a regular weekly contributor to Fab Free will be posted! I will be following in the footsteps of Carson. I could not be happier to be joining Fab Free staff and having the opportunity to contribute to the blog that was so influential in my development as a blogger. So what will become of This Scavenging Life? I will continue to maintain it and my access to experienced bloggers means I will be able to take it to the next level. The writing will still suck, I promise! The blog itself should experience a boost in technology and polish however, something I can't wait to implement. The best days for this blog are truly ahead of it. Lastly, I have to thank everyone who ever read any of my entries here. This blog would be pointless if no one ever read it. I make an effort to try to help our community and entertain when I can and honestly I get a great deal out of writing it, but the bottom line is without readers this blog is nothing. Thank you for giving me a wonderful year and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for us. -----WHC Riler